Wednesday 8 July 2015

Poetry Anthology

I've put together a selection of poems that I have used over the past few years with 6th class. I love teaching poetry and am a great advocate of learning poems by heart even though I know that rote learning may not be very fashionable these days. Children can memorise the lyrics of the latest pop song with ease so why not the odd poem or two! It's amazing what stays with you and I'm sure if we all dig deep enough into the recesses of our minds we will be able to quote a verse or two of a poem we learned in school. The poems that I've chosen include some classics by Wordsworth and Robert Frost and some modern poems that can help with linkage and integration, for example there are two poems dealing with the theme of Bullying.
This is a free resource and is available from my TPT store, just click on the image!

No comments:

Post a Comment